Pro Wrestling Only

[2001-03-18-Saitama Pro] Survival Tobita vs Drill Baba

GSR

This is taking place on some waste land off a back street with a sheet of tarpaulin for the ring giving a real backyard feel to things.  Drill Baba doesn’t look like what I imagined, although is carrying a drill (that to be fair looks more like a giant corkscrew!) which he uses to terrorize the small number of fans watching this.  Tobita has got a witches broomstick which he uses to keep Baba and his drill at bay.  He swats him with the broomstick and then chases him into the garage from where Baba made his entrance.  Shortly after its Tobita doing the running and Baba the chasing as he grabbed a much larger drill whilst in there.  Not surprisingly a lot of Baba’s offense is based around him trying to skewer Tobita on his drill.  As the two fight around the waste land and hit each other with whatever they can find, some dramatic music is playing in the background.  Baba busts Tobita open by scrubbing a brush back and forth across his forehead, while he gets some help from a fellow monster who’s turned up out of nowhere.  At one point Tobita collects a wheelbarrow and mows the pair of them down as if they’re skittles with this starting to resemble more a handicap match.  They head off down the back street and end up fighting in a dumpster, again hitting each other with whatever’s in there before returning to the ‘arena’.  Tobita puts a metal bucket over Baba’s head and then clobbers it with a flaming broomstick (which someone had kindly lit for him), briefly setting his wig on fire.  More two on one action and again Baba is trying to impale Tobita on his drill.  He puts a traffic cone over Tobita’s head, spins him around to disorientate him and then levels him with a clothesline for a two count.  Tobita picks up another flaming weapon from out of the garage and everyone scarpers as the footage becomes shaky and unwatchable in the confusion.  When it returns we see Baba bodyslamming Tobita on the ‘mat’.  Baba and the other monster push a car from nearby as they attempt to run Tobita over, however he’s back to his feet in time and avoids a charging drill that shatters one of the car windows.  The two of them end up on the roof of the vehicle where Tobita piledrives Baba for a three count and the win.

Some funny moments in here, but it became very repetitive at times and I found my attention drifting.  I’m not sure Tobita’s ‘monster matches’ are suited for going thirty minutes and this would have been better had they condensed it to half that.