Pro Wrestling Only

[2018-07-19-NJPW-G1 Climax 28] Michael Elgin & Ren Narita vs Jay White & YOH

Wahoos Leg

Thanks to a less hectic work schedule (which still has me running quite behind), I'm able to watch the whole G1 this summer, and I made the probably maniacal decision to watch the undercard tags as well. This won't make any MOTY list, but I thought it was a very entertaining opener. Jay White and Elgin bring the thunder on the chops early,  although this was hindered somewhat by Elgin going crazy with the leg slaps on strikes down the stretch. Narita is probably my favorite Young Lion in NJPW right now, in terms of showing fire and teasing near-falls that seem believable even though we all know he has no chance of winning. Him and Yoh combine for some good stuff down the stretch. White plays his shitbag heel character better in these tags, so far, than in the block matches because he has a foil to play off of in Yoh. 

Not only is this worth watching, I liked it better than approximately half the block matches through the first three shows.