Pro Wrestling Only

[2014-12-23-DDT] Konosuke Takeshita & Tetsuya Endo vs KUDO & Yukio Sakaguchi

aaeo_

Takeshita and Endo continue their title run with a win over KUDO and Sakaguchi. Having seen about four of their tag title matches, Takeshita and Endo stick pretty closely to the same structure every time but I guess it works since I've really liked two of those matches, the one against Golden Lovers and this, against Shouten Doji. Endo gets beat up and cut off and the other team fucks him up, then there's a back-and-forth finishing stretch and Takeshita does a bunch of suplexes and wins. It's pretty good but I do wish this was a bit different because KUDO and Sakaguchi are both good technical wrestlers (especially Sakaguchi) and they don't get to showcase that, even when torturing Endo in the middle of the match. Takeshita is pretty awkward in grappling situations. Really enjoyed all Sakaguchi and Endo interactions, Sakaguchi is an asshole and Endo sells for him great. There's a great moment when Sakaguchi goes for a flying armbar but doesn't get it and Endo tries to do a moonsault but Sakaguchi gets the knees up. It seemed like that was the moment when Endo's comeback would've started but Sakaguchi just kept beating him up. Finishing stretch is cool because sometimes they're setting a big spot up and Sakaguchi just comes in and tries to choke someone.

Really enjoyed this match, despite all my whining in this post haha.

• GSR changed the title to [2014-12-23-DDT] Konosuke Takeshita & Tetsuya Endo vs KUDO & Yukio Sakaguchi