Pro Wrestling Only

[2018-04-22-BJW] Dick Togo vs Daisuke Sekimoto

Jmare007

I had very high hopes for this match, and it delivered in spades. The performance by Togo is fucking incredible, Daisuke plays the role of "unstoppable monster" greatly, as usual, but it's Togo's job as the underdog that makes this match awesome to watch. Don't expect a bomb fest, this was one of those methodical, every move matters, type of Strong BJ match, which I fucking love. The story is as simple as can be: Sekimoto is the big dude that imposes his will and Togo has to scratch and claw to get Daisuke off him. You can feel the struggle in every attempt by Togo to get our of trouble, and the ways he finds to do it are dope to watch - like, everyone goes for a head lock to get out of the Argentine Backbreaker, but the way Togo fights to get that headlock is just on another level - and when he finally gets a chance to breathe, he's too exhausted to capitalize on it because of all the effort it took to get there. When he finally gets on top it makes sense, but it doesn't last long as he takes a risk that doesn't pay off. Once Daisuke sees his chance to get control back, he fucking goes for it, as he realizes what he has to do to finish this off, but Togo will not lay down. Awesome match.

ps: there's a little kid that screams SEKIMOTOOOOOOO for 20 minutes that had me laughing at how hard he was rooting for his favorite.

• 1 month later...

Man, I love new old-school Sekimoto. He's been low-key great throughout the year, working more of a simplified style to accommodate the wear-and-tear to his body. He does such a good job of playing to the crowd with his facials/vocals/big powered up comebacks. Of course, Dick Togo is the man and he's so good at making the little things mean something. Like him punching at Sekimoto's meat slab body from the mat or the way he finagles his way out of the bearhug. Togo works the holds, trying to get to that crossface hold, and he finally grabs it but can't tap him so he hits the Pedigree>diving senton combo but that doesn't work either. Awesome spot where Togo comes off the apron with the senton, Sekimoto catches him and powerbombs him onto the floor. Togo bumps like a maniac off a big Sekimoto chop and gets one last flurry before Sekimoto clobbers him down and pins him with that beautiful high-angle German suplex hold. GOOD STUFF!