Pro Wrestling Only

[1959-07-17-Kohler Chicago] Verne Gagne & Wilbur Snyder vs Dick The Bruiser & Karl Karlsson

paul sosnowski

• paul sosnowski changed the title to [1959-07-17-Kohler Chicago] Verne Gagne & Wilbur Snyder vs Dick The Bruiser & Karl Karlsson
  • 1 year later...

Even in 1959, Gagne looks ancient but man can he move. Verne and Bruiser were the highlights. I haven't seen much of younger Bruiser but he was bumping for Wilbur and Verne like he was Bill dundee circa 1983. It was interesting to see the babyfaces work sorta heelish in the first fall. They were choking the heels, doing illegal double teams etc. Verne was flying around like a mad man. Especially when he made the hot tag. The ring falls apart after the second fall and they had to work around the ring crew fixing it up. I have no idea who Kalrsosn is but he was what I thought a stereotypical 50's older wrestler would look like. His bumping was weird as hell. Fun match overall.