Pro Wrestling Only

[2018-12-24-WWE-RAW] Ronda Rousey vs Natalya

Superstar Sleeze

WWE Raw Women's Champ Ronda Rousey vs Natalya Neidhart - RAW 12/24/18

I thought this was really unique and cool on multiple levels. They played up the friendship aspect really well and how hard it can be to go against your best friend. As I have said many times the name of the game is to pin your opponent for three not to hurt them. Notice Ronda's offensive choices early on they are all takedowns and jntense pins. Nothing that will hurt Nattie. It will win her the match without injuring her. Here's the big thing I want to key in is the amount of physical contact time in this match. No Irish Whips, no bullshit rope running. Flesh on flesh and real deal chain wrestling. Rousey put on a fucking clinic. Lots of cool takedowns. I liked Nattie going for the Sharpshooter early as she was getting blown out and takes a nasty spill to the outside. When Nattie does take control she is showing her killer instinct while Rousey is conflicted. You can see how that inner turmoil was affecting Ronda and messing with her mind. I liked the slapped to midsection a lot. I would have liked Nattie to have channeled her Uncle Bret the king of the face vs face match  more and play a subtle heel with some cheating. The finish stretch was well-executed. Rousey finally starts throwing punches and strikes but stops short of the armbar. This affords Nattie the opportunity to lock in the Sharpshooter but Rousey wakes the fuck up and finally applies the armbar. Note how fast she releases the armbar almost before Nattie taps because she wants to let go as soon as possible. Excellent unique psychology, loved how lo-fi this was. So much contact time. Really worth checking out. ****

• GSR changed the title to [2018-12-24-WWE-RAW] Ronda Rousey vs Natalya