Pro Wrestling Only

[2018-08-19-Oz Academy] Aja Kong vs Akino vs Hiroyo Matsumoto vs Kaho Kobayashi vs Mayumi Ozaki vs Sonoko Kato (Last Woman Standing)

Kadaveri

I'm a bit unsure how to rate this as it's a strange stipulation and feels like two matches in one. 6 women start the match and it's elimination rules until we're down to 2, then it's a Texas Death Match where victory is by a pinfall and then your opponent being unable to get to their feet for a count of ten.

The first 30 minutes is quite fun. We start with all 5 of her opponents all beating the hell out of Mayumi Ozaki as they know she's going to play some dirty tricks to win if they don't take her out quickly. Doesn't last though. Mayumi's stable constantly interfering gets annoying after a while and it's a relief when she's finally eliminated.

But it's the final 20 minutes that are amazing. We're down to just Aja Kong and Kaho Kobayashi. I don't know much about Kaho but I'm going to seeking out more from her as from this performance she looks like one of the best sellers/bumpers in wrestling. Aja is so brutal with her, backdrop suplex after backdrop suplex with urakens, lariats and piledrivers that almost kill her, but Kaho just won't stay down for that 10 count so long as there's a bit of energy left in her. Both of them put in great performances here. This part of the match at least is certainly worth watching as a prelude to the great title match on the big 09/17/18 Oz Academy show.

****1/4

• GSR changed the title to [2018-08-19-Oz Academy] Aja Kong vs Akino vs Hiroyo Matsumoto vs Kaho Kobayashi vs Mayumi Ozaki vs Sonoko Kato (Last Woman Standing)