Pro Wrestling Only

[2019-04-04-DDT-Coming to America] Konosuke Takeshita vs Daisuke Sasaki

aaeo_

This is about the same match as their February Sumo Hall match, which means everything I didn't like about that is still here but everything that was good there is still good. Once again leg work takes up most of the first third (nooooooo). Takeshita's knee selling is a bit better but still very annoying in how inconsistent it is once they get deeper into the match. They repeat a few spots from Sumo Hall. Takeshita catches the suicide dive and does a vertical suplex on the apron, which is really awesome and gross. Sasaki catches a senton headfirst, which I think is new. Takeshita also does some horrible stuff to himself. The finish is entertaining. As a whole, the good outweighs the bad for me but your mileage may vary. The post-match is really cool.

• GSR changed the title to [2019-04-04-DDT-Coming to America] Konosuke Takeshita vs Daisuke Sasaki

For better and for worse I thought this was just as good as their Judgement match. It wasn't as long, so it didn't drag as much in the first half of the match, and the atmosphere, while smaller, felt much more intimate. Hard hitting with both guys pulling out great performances to top off a very enjoyable first American DDT show. The stuff that came after the match was satisfying as well, ****1/2.