Pro Wrestling Only

[2001-01-27-ARSION] Azumi Hyuga vs Mari Apache

ohtani's jacket

Another decent ARSION match. Hyuga hadn't really come into her own yet but she was working hard and trying to make each bout she was a part of memorable in some way. And really that's the goal when you're trying to find your way as a worker. This had a 15-minute time limit which didn't give them time to lay out a classic. They weren't good enough workers with a hot enough crowd to accomplish anything special in the time they were given, but I did like the way they worked toward their end goal, which was that both of them would have convincing nearfalls before the time expired. To that end, it was a competitive bout even if it was a stalemate. There were some nice contrasts between the luchadora and the Joshi worker as well. 

• 1 year later...

Slightly below the previous match but I thought this was a very good draw too. It had a frantic pace but seemed to work between the limitations of the time limit in that each woman knew the constraints put within the match with the time limit and seeked to win. Some good highspots and also some brutal shots. Hyaga, Apache and Hamada are the three joshi workers I am really interested to track throughout the 2000’s. They aren’t elite yet but do show signs and each bring different flavors to the table. ***3/4 (7.3)