Pro Wrestling Only

[2001-01-28-AJPW] Mil Mascaras & El Hijo del Santo vs Blue Panther & Arkangel de la Muerte

ohtani's jacket

This was the exhibition match that I expected the CMLL Japan Panther/Santo match to be. It was basically Panther and Santo doing their trios match exchanges in a Dome Show setting while Mil ran through his signature spots to the older fans' delight. The Panther/Santo stuff didn't translate that well to the setting, and really the best things about the bout were Mil's "Sky High" entrance and his impromptu celebration with The Destroyer at the end. 

• 1 year later...

Certainly more of an exhibition but I enjoyed this a good deal as a showcase of the style and also mixing in a moment for Mascaras where he feels like a superstar. Panther and Santo start out and have a fun mat wrestling exchange leaving off from the Korakuen match earlier in the day. The surfboard escape in particular was really smooth from Santo. Mascaras getting the pin and doing a jig with Destroyer in the entrance was a feel good moment. This is a weird ass show overall so I appreciated this helping flesh out the undercard. ***1/4 (6.5)