Pro Wrestling Only

[2019-03-01-HMW-Fight Fire With Fire] Eddie Kingston vs Thomas Shire

ShittyLittleBoots

This is Eddie doing his Kings Road tribute shtick, and it's fucking awesome. His opponent captivates too in my first time watching him; Thomas Shire is a tall, lanky dude, who is apparently trained by Dory Funk Jr. He does a lot of sweet suplexes + uppercuts, sells well & overall puts on a pretty great fighting from underneath performance, as Eddie just keeps on brutalizing him in an EXTREMELY compelling fashion. Badass match. ****

I love Eddie Kingston, have done since his Grand Champ days in CHIKARA. Thus I really wanted to love this match, and while the work is certainly there, some things out of the wrestlers' control hindered it for me. A hotter crowd, better sound. All little things that I would have liked improved just to put this over the edge for me. That being said, the physical performances were fantastic with Shire truly showing his Dory Funk Jr. influence and Kingston bringing the fire with his All Japan love. A nice hidden gem on a smaller indie. 

***3/4