Pro Wrestling Only

[2019-08-09-wXw-Toronto] Timothy Thatcher vs Yuki Ishikawa

puropotsy

This was similar to one of the shoot-style matches from WXW Ambition but with regular rules so guys could get counted for pins when going for submissions. I feel this was up there with their WXW Ambition match from earlier in the year. Lots of trading of ankle locks and the likes. It was really cool that with the change in rules Ishikawa would throw in pin attempts like a small package and a backslide, transitioning well from submission work. They traded several cross amrbreaker attempts and Fujiwara armbar attempts through the match. Thatcher finally got Ishikawa in the Fujiwara and sunk it in deep and Ishikawa tapped out. The match got a standing ovation and was classic.

• GSR changed the title to [2019-08-09-wXw-Toronto] Timothy Thatcher vs Yuki Ishikawa
  • 1 year later...

I didn't think much of this. The majority of this match was spent on the mat and I didn't find it engaging at all. There was little to no bumping and you can count the amount of strikes on one hand. I've always admired Thatcher's ability to bring intensity to the smallest of actions. The last few minutes of submission trading was cool at least. 

★★½