Pro Wrestling Only

[2019-11-08-SEAdLINNNG-Dynamic Show Case! ~ Kawasaki Monogatari] Arisa Nakajima vs Nanae Takahashi

Tenese Sarwieh

Tricky match to gather thoughts on because the work is pretty good. The wrestling is stiff and violent, as expected. There was some good selling overall. The pacing didn't allow it to drag a whole lot despite being over 25 minutes. And there is a ton of history, not just in SEdLINNNG, but in Joshi in general. But ultimately, I was left cold by this. There was violence but it never sucked me into the match. The drama and emotion just simply wasn't there to carry the weight of the stipulation. At the end, I felt very little towards the match or the significance of what the result means, and I'm a fan of both women. The match was really good but it just didn't live up to what it was trying to achieve, imo. In a vacuum, as a normal match, this would've worked better (it has worked much better) - the early brawling was good, the strikes looked good, there was some nice escalation towards the end, etc - but when the match doesn't hook you whole hardheartedly, does that matter? I like aspects of the match, I just didn't love it overall. ***