Pro Wrestling Only

[2020-01-22-AEW-Dynamite] SCU (Frankie Kazarian & Scorpio Sky) vs Adam Page & Kenny Omega

paul sosnowski

• paul sosnowski changed the title to [2020-01-22-AEW-Dynamite] SCU (Frankie Kazarian & Scorpio Sky) vs Adam Page & Kenny Omega

I thought this was a really strong match. Maybe it was the impact of the boat and wrestling at sea but it seemed like some of the more movez aspect of AEW tag matches were toned down here and I thought the match was better for it. There was some arm work in the beginning for example. Page in particular got some nice impact onto his lariats. There was a good sense of escalation in the moves which we don't always see in the weekly tag spotfests. I enjoyed the storytelling beats too, with Omega getting taken out and Page having to go it alone in the closing stretch to take the titles. They're slow building this eventual feud and laying the groundwork for Page's turn very nicely, both through the post-match stuff and promos but also in how the matches are worked. Good TV wrestling. ****