Pro Wrestling Only

[2001-03-31-WWF-Jakked] Essa Rios vs Ken Anderson

GSR

Samoa Joe, Low Ki and now Ken Anderson, all in the space of a month for Essa Rios on Jakked.  Tom Prichard and Kevin Kelly spend the opening minutes talking about what’s been happening on Raw, pretty much ignoring the two guys in the ring.  To be fair to them, it’s not the most dazzling of starts to a match.  Anderson with a float over, he shoots Essa chest first into the corner and then nails him with a rabbit lariat to the back of the head.  He takes too long climbing the turnbuckles and Essa dropkicks him in the ass, ‘Kamikaze Ken’ taking a nice spill to the floor.  Ah, that’s the set up for the awesome Rios somersault dive over the ring post.  Contrived powerslam by Rios, one that started out with him grabbing Anderson’s hand, jumping to the top rope and bouncing and flipping around up there.  Essa runs into a big boot, but for the second time in the match Anderson takes too long trying to head upstairs.  Armdrag takedown from the top.  Rios drags him into the centre of the ring, moonsault (which lands on Anderson’s face) and his Jakked winning streak continues.

I never cared for Mr Kennedy, didn’t think much of ‘Kamikaze’ Ken Anderson in the brief bits we saw of him last year, and didn’t think much of him here.  He comes across very awkward in most things that he does.  The bump to the floor was done well, so I’ll give him that, and I always like seeing that dive over the ring post.  Rios’ Lucha inspired powerslam spot was contrived as hell but he executed it immaculately.