Pro Wrestling Only

[2014-05-17-ROH/NJPW-War Of The Worlds] Kevin Steen vs Shinsuke Nakamura

ShittyLittleBoots

Both guys feel like absolute rockstars here. The Hammerstein crowd eats everything they do up, and honestly, so do I. This was a kick ass match. They play off of each others personalities excellently, the action is bomb-heavy right from the get go, and it's just lovely. The match being under 15-minutes is just about perfect too. And I absolutely love the finish w/ Steen kicking out at 1 from the sliding Boma Ye, and then Nakamura finishing him off w/ a standing one right away. ***3/4

• 2 weeks later...

I was there live. Made the drive from Boston to NYC. Went specifically to see Tanahashi & Liger and it was a nice bonus to see AJ Styles too. Tanahashi wrestled Bennett the match was alright, but it was so awesome to see him live and see him do all his standard highspots. It was AJ and Okada and someone else triple threat that was forgettable. Adam Cole took on Jushin Liger and again so great to see Liger. The showstealer was Young Bucks vs reDRagon probably the greatest spotfest I have ever seen live. Million miles per hour and breathless. Funny enough I had no recollection of Steen & Nakamura. Now I have brief flickers of the beginning. They did some sort of sarcastic spot that I remember thinking was lame. Anyways that was such a fun night. Liger, Tanahashi, Bucks vs Fish & O'Reilly. Fuck yeah!