Pro Wrestling Only

[2015-08-09-NJPW-G1 Climax] Tomohiro Ishii vs Hirooki Goto

Superstar Sleeze

Tomohiro Ishii vs Hirooki Goto - NJPW NJPW G-1 Climax 8/9/15

Sometimes you just want to watch two big dudes hit each other really hard. These two stalwarts of New Japan's Hoss Division deliver in spades. So many meaty chops and monster truck lariats! The Zidane-style headbutts come from out of nowhere and are hit with full force. Like the Ibushi/Ricochet match there is really not much to this besides the fact that it is two dudes just to tear each other's head off or cave in their chests. Ishii's chops coming out of the first strike exchange stand out. Also, Goto's badass lariat after avoiding the Brainbuster. There are two funny, cute moments where each wrestler leaps onto the shoulders into the fireman's carry position. Jeez at least let the other dude stop and pick you up. This is not as great as those organic, violent brawls of the past, but it good stylized violence and they lay their shit in. Where this falters is the finish. Ishii hits his Sliding Lariat, but cant negotiate his Brainbuster. This allows Goto to make his comeback. Goto hits that FU onto Knee, which I think is a lame move from the top. Then in a terrible moment, Goto hits his finish, but I thought Ishii had reversed into DDT, but it was just Goto's shitty finish. Worst type of move. The beginning scratched my itch but it grew tiresome as it wore on. *** 

• paul sosnowski changed the title to [2015-08-09-NJPW-G1 Climax] Tomohiro Ishii vs Hirooki Goto