Pro Wrestling Only

[2001-01-14-Michinoku Pro] Magnum Tokyo & Sanshiro Takagi & Great Sasuke vs Poison Sawada JULIE & Shigeo Kato & Shinigami

soup23

This match was a good showcase of some wrestlers we are currently unfamiliar with but were making their mark in promotions on the rise such as DDT and Toryumon in Magnum’s case.  I did think this was the weakest Magnum has looked in a while as he has a couple of botches and lost moments throughout. The heel team seems to be led by Poison and they are an interesting character in blending some comedy in the early going and then transitioning into an attack on Sasuke. I thought Sasuke being FIP was an interesting choice given he had the most credibility and stature of anyone in the match. His leg selling was  iffy and that presented the match overall from rising above very good. The heel trio also was focused and did things good enough but not spectacularly. I look forward to seeing more of them in the future. Overall, this was a nice blend of comedy, heel trio work, high spots and exciting nearfalls leading to the climax. ***1/2 (7.1)

• GSR changed the title to [2001-01-14-Michinoku Pro] Magnum Tokyo & Sanshiro Takagi & Great Sasuke vs Poison Sawada JULIE & Shigeo Kato & Shinigami