Pro Wrestling Only

[2007-10-13-IWA-MS-11th Anniversary Show] Ian Rotten vs Jason Dukes

Jetlag

Nasty, seedy psycho brawl as is Ians forte. Lots of disgusting punches and headbutts in this. I've never heard of Jason Dukes, but he handles himself well in this. He takes some absolutely stupid bumps including an absolutely reckless dive, and he generally had the right idea. He jumpes Ian at the bell and punches at his bandage (Ian is always bandaged), but soon finds himself eating a nasty beating that may have given me Hep C from watching. I really liked how he punched his way out of an armbar and then proceeded to take a Flair flop on the floor. As usual with Ian there are some amazing meth lab BattlARTS moments, such as ragdolling Dukes into the chairs with an arm drag, chairs getting flung into guys faces, and some really nasty, visceral legwork. Of course the crowd is mostly silent in this while folks scurry away to not have these seedy dudes bleed all over them, giving this the kind of surreal feel these matches need. The only thing that keeps me from nominating this in the all time project is the finish, although it's funny to see the TNA Tag Champions~! in IWA Mid South. This was certainly the best X-Division title match I've ever seen.

• GSR changed the title to [2007-10-13-IWA-MS-11th Anniversary Show] Ian Rotten vs Jason Dukes