Pro Wrestling Only

[2001-12-14-CMLL-Sin Piedad] El Hijo del Santo & Negro Casas & Hombre Sin Nombre & Rey Mysterio Jr vs Juventud Guerrera & Nicho el Millonario & Halloween & Damian 666

ohtani's jacket

This is the only match I can find from the PPV and it's the one I least wanted to see. I guess I'm the only person on the internet who's interested in Tarzan Boy vs. Porky and Shocker vs. Emilio (not to mention Atlantis vs. Wagner in a trios.) Juventud comes to the ring with his face painted like Damian 666, which makes sense. Then Rey enters with his face painted black.... okay... not one of Rey's more memorable nights. I guess he was trying to look like Hombre Sin Nombre, whose mask was completely black, but I can't imagine he looks back on the decision too fondly. Luckily, these guys saved their best match for the PPV. It had kind of a unique structure in that the tecnicos got all their best shots in during the first fall. The rudos controlled the second fall and got a big win in the tercera. I really liked the booking here. I haven't enjoyed La Familia de Tijuana's matches, but at least the angle hasn't been for naught. The focal point here was some vicious brawling between Casas and Nicho. Casas was great in this match. He hasn't done enough in 2001 to be in the running for Lucha WOTY, but when he's given a big match he's clearly up there with Santo and Panther. He had some good exchanges with Juventud as well, which was cool because that was the beef that started Juventud's rudo turn. They did this cool angle afterward where La Familia de Tijuana were cutting promos at ringside and Casas got upset and kicked Juventud through the ropes. That made me want to see a Santo/Casas vs. Juventud/Nicho match, bad. 

• GSR changed the title to [2001-12-14-CMLL-Sin Piedad] El Hijo del Santo & Negro Casas & Hombre Sin Nombre & Rey Mysterio Jr vs Juventud Guerrera & Nicho el Millonario & Halloween & Damian 666