Pro Wrestling Only

[2015-07-29-Lucha Underground-TV] Cage vs The Mack (Falls Count Anywhere)

Superstar Sleeze

Cage vs The Mack - Lucha Underground 7/29/15 Falls Count Anywhere

Never seen or heard of the Mack before, but this got high marks on Cagematch & I wanted to see more Brian Cage. This is part one of the first Season Finale of Lucha Underground. Awesome brawl that is very entertaining. Matt Striker is terrible and Vampiro is useless. What makes this match is fun is that almost all fun babyface spots. Like Mack spearing Cage through a door, a massive powerbomb off the top rope through a table on the floor and the peak babyface awesome spot, Mack cracking up a couple beers, KICK WHAM STUNNER, TALK SOME STONE COLD TRASH! The crowd and I both popped huge for that! Striker wants to talk about Cage's resiliency and fighting spirit. Fuck you, bro, he's the heel. Put over Mack's kickass babyface offense and that he is so close to putting down The Machine, but just needs that little something. Cage was great at feeding and making Mack look great. He get a heel hope spot, just enough to Mack always had an obstacle to overcome, but he was in the driver's seat for most of the match. Cage hit his suplex highspot on the railing on their Crow's Nest. Then curbstomped Mack through a gimmicked cement block. I would have liked Cage to do something more heelish to set up is last two moves, maybe an eyerake or a ballshot, but still this was refreshingly babyface-oriented, which I loved. It gave the match a real upbeat, fun feel while still being a good kickass brawl. I love how quick and efficient Lucha Underground matches are. ***1/2   

• GSR changed the title to [2015-07-29-Lucha Underground-TV] Cage vs The Mack (Falls Count Anywhere)