Pro Wrestling Only

[2016-03-16-Lucha Underground] Mil Muertes vs Fenix

Superstar Sleeze

LU Champion Mil Muertes vs Fenix - Lucha Underground 3/16/16

Catrina now has bitchin' bangs! I almost didnt recognize her. More bangs in wrestling. 

I had high hopes for this because of how good Grave Consequences. Initially I thought this was a meaningless clusterfuck of pointless moves and way too many fancy Ace Crushers (two is two too many, brutha). Then Mil ripped Fenix's mask and slammed a chair into his head on suicide dive and this got a whole lot better. Violence always helps. Fenix taps a gusher. Mil works and bites the cut. He doesnt got back to that enough in this match like Grave Consequences but it was a nice touch. I liked when Fenix was going to walk the tightrope of the railing, Mil just tossed him into the fans. It was a total holy shit spot because it wiped a lot of fans, but it set up the next tight rope splash well because it is not a move that would hurt it just was shocking. The splash looked great and Fenix really sold it well. So it made sense when Mil was the first up and powerbombed him on the table. 

Fenix used three kicks to the head to set up a big double stomp, back to the strategy that won him Grave Consequences. The best spot in this match is right after this, Fenix RIPPED MIL MUERTES' MASK! Crowd went wild for this! There was something about seeing a babyface do that spot that really popped me. Loved Mil's reaction. BIG SPEAR! Pummels him. Mil gets a chair. Fenix gets the chair and Mil punches the chair, big chairshots to the head and punctuated with chair throw! Badass! Double Juice! Hell Yeah! This match has gotten helluva better! 

A ton of shots to the head and very cool 450 splash! 1-2-NO! Should have been the finish. That was so cool! They really built to it well and everything! Damn! They went with a quick reversal to Mil with a Spinning Rock Bottom. Didnt like it. Felt like My Turn, Your Turn. Black Mass Kick by Fenix! Great struggle on the German Suplex by Fenix. It seemed like an odd spot in this bloody brawl but I liked how much struggle they put behind this. Bridging German gives Fenix a 2 count. Fenix goes up top and Mil gets a big uppercut. Again, kinda My Turn, Your Turn. DDT from top rope by Mil. The heat has evaporated out of the building, they should gone home two minutes ago. Mil is setting up for Straight to Hell, but Fenix counters into a great inverted Victory Roll. Nice flukey victory for the underdog champ. Catrina is nonplussed about the loss saying Aztec Warfare is for the Title and Fenix is #1 and Mil is #20. Needed a good mwhahahaha there. 

Clusterfuck at the end, amazing middle, kinda cold finish. Double juice and good spot selection in the middle keeps this in the very good camp. ***1/2

• paul sosnowski changed the title to [2016-03-16-Lucha Underground] Mil Muertes vs Fenix