Pro Wrestling Only

[2018-08-12-Lucha Underground-TV] Pentagon Dark vs Cage (Last Man Standing)

Superstar Sleeze

LU Champion Pentagon Dark vs Cage - Lucha Underground 8/12/18 Last Man Standing

No cool Lucha Underground name for this gimmick match they go with the WWE name of Last Man Standing. Pentagon Jr is the biggest miss of AEW so far. Dude may have zero psychology, but he has a cool look, badass moves and a killer catchphrase. CERO MIEDO! I was a part of the Cero Miedo craze during WrestleMania Weekend 2019 and it is infectious. I had no idea what it was. I just showed up to MLW, House of Glory, whenever and you couldnt stop chanting it. Lucha Underground pretty much always has hot crowds, but these 2018 crowds are MOLTEN for Pentagon. They do not relent in chanting Cero Miedo and incorporating it in a Soccer Style Ole Chant. Let Pentagon's Singles Wings fly, this is your next challenger for Mox. Cero Miedo!

As for the match, it is big dumb fun, I think five tables get demolished, seven chairs, a broken glass bottle, a cement block and a ripped mask. Cage rips the Mask earlier and carves with the broken glass bottle so the blood is flowing and the Pentagon mask is replaced with the Crimson Mask. Pentagon really likes Death Valley Drivers through tables. Cage hits his big vertical suplex highspot from the ring through two tables on the floor. Cage hits a DrillClaw and a powerbomb to the railing, but I never really felt like Pentagon was in trouble, this was just a fun uptempo match. I think the finish does separate it from the good matches to the very good matches because of how definitive and explosive the finish is. Pentagon hits a Top Rope Canadian Destroyer through a table, ballshots him (I got hit in the balls for the first time in like a decade or so by a tennis ball ricocheted off the fence, anybody who no sells a ballshot is dead to me) and then Package Piledriver through 6 chairs, breaks both arms and Curb Stomps his head through a cinder block. HELL FUCKING YEAH! All the while the crowd is just going bananas for Pentagon. I think we needed to make the crowd and me believe that Pentagon could have actually lost for the drama level to go up, but as a fun lets see our boy Pentagon wreak havoc and destroy The Machine this was awesome! ***1/2

• GSR changed the title to [2018-08-12-Lucha Underground-TV] Pentagon Dark vs Cage (Last Man Standing)