Pro Wrestling Only

[2018-07-22-Impact-Slammiversary] Johnny Impact vs Fenix vs Petey Williams vs Taiji Ishimorii

Superstar Sleeze

Johnny Impact (Morrison) vs Fenix vs Petey Williams vs Taiji Ishimorii - Impact Slammiversary 2018

I really love the name Johnny Impact. When I did my rewatch of WWE 21st Century, I came away a huge Morrison mark, he is snug, his shit makes sense/looks good, he can make 21st Century Workrate sound. So I dig. Fenix is breath-taking to watch even if like his brother he is has Cero Psicologia! Ishimorii I have seen in one match with KENTAFuji & Ibushi and he is a great spot monkey. Man Johnny Ace and Petey Williams being the two most influential wrestlers on the 21st Century Workrate blows my mind. 

The match starts with three out of four getting their time to shine. Morrison looked as crisp as ever. Fenix is sublime. You dont necessarily need psychology when you that damn good at highspots. What he does with the ropes and his balance is insane. Petey Williams is like Chris Sabin or Sonjay Dutt, just solid. Ishimorii didnt get a chance to show off, which was weird. They do an M-Pro Dive Train. Petey starts to tease the Canadian Destroyer which is pretty over because they are in Toronto so his highspots (Oh Canada Stomp on Balls in Corner and Sharpshooter) are over like rover. Fenix definitely feels like the star of the match. Ishimorii hits the 450 Splash, Canadian Destroyer, and then Fenix double stomp! Morrison breaks it up Starship Pain. They tucked the Canadian Destroyer in there and I think people really wanted to pop for it but they didnt let it stand alone so it kinda got missed, which is too bad. Morrison was the right guy to go over. It was a perfectly acceptable spotfest, we have all seen better, but this was still pretty good. *** 

• paul sosnowski changed the title to [2018-07-22-Impact-Slammiversary] Johnny Impact vs Fenix vs Petey Williams vs Taiji Ishimorii