Pro Wrestling Only

[2018-07-22-Impact-Slammiversary] Su Yung vs Madison Rayne

Superstar Sleeze

Impact Knockouts Champion Su Yung vs Madison Rayne - Slammiversary 2018

Madison Rayne will go down as the great forgotten pre-Women's Revolution worker. She could go! I watched her comeback match against Tessa and was very pleasantly surprised how athletic she is. Great execution and crispness to what she does. Su Yung is MY JAM! What an amazing gimmick! I love that unlike other wrestling monsters her diminutive stature gives the gimmick a lot more versatility. Madison's shine is completely plausible given that Su Yung is if anything a little smaller than her. I have been a big proponent of bringing the Shine back and its importance to wrestling. It did my heart good to see a legitimately great shine. Madison meets the Undead Bride on the ramps as the Undead Bridesmaids look on. Nice fistfight, but the more powerful Rayne wins the advantage. Great top rope crossbody for an early nearfall. The objective is to win the championship, baby. Loved the Northern Lights Suplex. Great use of the Undead Bridesmaids to distract Rayne, but she disposes of them and it is a red herring, the fast break of Rayne goes on unabated. It is only when Rayne takes her off her opponent that Su Yung throws a kick and combines that with a neckbreaker. The Su Yung is part theatrics and part very high pain threshold and this confluence creates compelling viewing. Like I said, Maidson's offense is plausible against this monster because Su Yung is not a size-based monster. Su Yung is still treated as having supernatural pain tolerance and it creates that "Rising From The Black Lagoon" effect that fills the viewer and babyface with dread. Again, I liked the use of Undead Bridesmaid as a plot device where Su Yung blood mists her and this creates an opening for Rayne. AWESOME CHOPS AND ELBOWS! Rayne is great! Great run through of Rayne's big match offense as she avoids the Blood-Soaked Mandible Claw of Su Yung. Rayne uses a Rainmaker Ace Crusher (if she could somehow flip into it that would be the most 21st Century move ever) and then her old TNA finish but nothing will put the Undead Bride down. From a very unique angle, Su Yung applies the Mandible Claw, great facial expression from Rayne as the eyes roll back in her head and as she passes out. The Undead Bride puts the Veteran to rest in her casket. Perfect win for the new big heel. Great use of veteran babyface challenger to put over the monster. Loved the efficiency of the match...great shine and comeback. You dont need a lot of heat in this match because the heat is already baked in to the match because Su Yung is a major threat inherently. Terrific stuff.  ***3/4

• paul sosnowski changed the title to [2018-07-22-Impact-Slammiversary] Su Yung vs Madison Rayne