Pro Wrestling Only

[2014-06-15-TNA-Slammiversary] Bully Ray vs Ethan Carter III

Superstar Sleeze

Bully Ray vs Ethan Carter III - TNA Slammiversary 2014 Texas Death Match

A fun romp! I do recommend this if you just want something to put a smile on your face. Bully Ray aged way better than you would expect him to. When he was talking about Terry Funk being idol I was like yeah he worked with Funk in ECW and he didnt look that old given it was 20 years ago. Bully was just oozing charisma in this one. He had the crowd in the palm of his hand. He was lapping it up and I was enjoying the hell out of it. ECIII is a gimmick I had heard of and I knew that if this kid even had an ounce of charisma that this gimmick would be gold. Boy, oh boy, did he not disappoint! I was just complaining about Magnus and his lack of heel selling and stooging. Look at this kid go! This is what I am talking. He bumped and fed and stooged and made Bully Ray look like a million bucks in the process. If you like pro wrestling, I am talking real deal, the Southern-Fried shit, none of this processed, High Fructose Corn Syrup garbage they peddle out of Stamford nowadays, check this out! I loved his sell of the Cheese Grater! Somebody push this kid cuz Vince McMahon does not know what to do with an Ethan Carter III, pal. ECIII rocked it in this match. I wished they used the bullrope more. Loved the bumping and bieling on that. Loved the punches. The Cheese Grater bit was awesome. I loved the ballshot by ECIII to avoid the cheese grater to the face. I liked how ECIII was afraid of getting violent. He threw the Cheese Grater away and the way he looked at the tables like he wanted no part of that. He has a yellow streak a mile wide and he is an egg-sucking dog and he aint afraid to show it.  

The best part of the match by far was when Bully Ray was taking an audience poll if he should put ECIII through a table or through the exposed ring boards. Watch how he controls the crowd. Watch how much fun he is having. MOST IMPORTANTLY, Watch how much fun the crowd is having! I loved this! But it gets better! ECIII's little friend, Rockstar Spud comes out and hits Bully with a kendo stick. Great no sell by Bully. Bully gets control of the Kendo Stick and puts under the little dude's legs and then bounces him up and down on it with his balls crashing down on the kendo stick! TREMENDOUS! Taz called it Yambag Yahtzee and I lost my shit! 

I will say the finish didnt quite have the heat I wanted it too. You knew ECIII was going to squeak out the victory. Auntie D (Dixie Carter for those not in the know) comes out and Bully Ray takes his eye of the prize. She ends up colliding with her nephew. Bully Ray wants to splash her through a table but Rockstar Spud saves her and ECIII shoves Bully through the tables. It was just missing that little extra kick, but it was the total right call to have ECIII squeak this one out with the help of Auntie D and Rockstar Spud. Super fun match. As Irish would say, good craic! ****

• paul sosnowski changed the title to [2014-06-15-TNA-Slammiversary] Bully Ray vs Ethan Carter III