Pro Wrestling Only

[2018-08-30-Impact Wrestling] Brian Cage vs Fenix

Superstar Sleeze

X-Division Champion Brian Cage vs Fenix - Impact 8/30/18

I like both guys a lot but this was just kinda there for me. I love how Impact was really pushing Cage hard on commentary as a once in a lifetime athlete that was revolutionizing the game. Is it hyperbole? Hell Yeah! But it made Cage feel like a big deal. I actually think Fenix is the game changer, what he can do on the ropes is sublime. Honestly, I am not a huge flippy/gymnastics guy with one major exception if you are really good I mean really good then I'll watch. Fenix is that dude. Cage was trying to live up to the hype of being the Ultimate Hybrid athlete busting out the 619 early on (it was kinda ugly mind you) I preferred when he was just doing his power wrestling and hurling Fenix around. There was a really nice Firemans Carry into like a Snap Death Valley Driver that was sick.  I LOVED him catching Fenix cleanly on a suicide dive into a Vertical Suplex. I saw that spot in Lucha Underground. It was insane then and it is equally as insane now. Marked out for that. I liked Fenix's use of head-rocking kicks to set up his aerial assault and a great use of double stomps. The Top Rope Powerbomb ala Chris Candido is always a cool finish. Ultimately, felt like this match was a collection of highspots as opposed to cogent narrative that excites the mind or moves you emotionally. A good exhibition to see what these two are capable above from a raw athletic standpoint. ***

• paul sosnowski changed the title to [2018-08-30-Impact Wrestling] Brian Cage vs Fenix