Pro Wrestling Only

[2018-03-08-Impact Wrestling] Laurel Van Ness vs Allie

Superstar Sleeze

Impact Women's Champion Laurel Van Ness vs Allie - Impact 3/8/18

So I didnt know how to make heads or tails of Laurel Van Ness's gimmick (Laurel Van Ness is better known as Chelsea Green fyi). She has smeared lipstick over her mouth. I thought she was trying to do a psychotic valley girl but then I hit up Wikipedia. The backstory is pretty damn good. She was set to marry Allie's shoot husband aka The Blade. Blade left her at the altar for Allie. This caused her to descend into madness. Apparently, she used to wrestle in her tattered wedding dress and come out all boozed up/hungover. Awesome! Then she fell for Grado, a slovenly Scotsman who was looking for a Green Card. He rejected once he found out she was Canadian. Reading that popped the hell out of me. So she snaps again! Unfortunately she is not in her wedding dress for his match. Sounds like this match is a long time coming. 

Great way to start with Allie meeting her at the ramp and it is on like Donkey Kong! Great aggression on the outside. Laurel takes over. Very ok heat segment. The backstory was awesome, but her character work in the match was just fine. Allie is such a great fired up babyface. She hits a Codebreaker this starts her first comeback. Another trademark Allie spot is the suplex into buckles that gets two. They do some work with a chair on the outside that is pretty pedestrian. The match picks up again when Laurel hits the Unprettier on the floor. Drama is high now! Allie beats the count. Laurel hits a wicked curbstomp into the buckles again for two. Allie Valley Driver! Best Superkick Ever (it was actually her best superkick ever)! Allie was great. Laurel Van Ness was alright. The backstory sounds interesting but she did not inspire me to seek out more.  

• paul sosnowski changed the title to [2018-03-08-Impact Wrestling] Laurel Van Ness vs Allie