Pro Wrestling Only

[2015-03-13-TNA-Impact] Ethan Carter III vs Rockstar Spud (Hair vs Hair)

Superstar Sleeze

Ethan Carter III vs Rockstar Spud - TNA Impact 3/13/15 Hair vs Hair

I am shocked there was no thread for this. When did these subforums get made? I know I am so old that my joining predates these subforums so maybe that's why. I went to Shoe's 2015 MOTY thread from 2015 and there were some real heavyweights weighing in on this match. Outside of the Broken Hardy stuff, this is by far and away the most famous thing to come out of TNA's darkest times 2014-2017. 

Pretty simple story, heel Ethan Carter III levels up to mega-heel when he turns on his heel lackey Rockstar Spud. I always think that's the ultimate heel dick move. You build up this relationship and it sort of humanizing like ECIII is a prick but the friendship with Spud is cute. Then when he beats the shit out him you really hate him. It is a great plot device to build the character. ECIII has gone all Brutus The Barber and is shaving people bald including Spud's close friend, "JB" Jeremy Borash.

This is coming out of Spud's home country of England and he leads the audience in a rendition of God Save The Queen and it is just as rousing as when Slaughter did the Pledge of Allegiance in Allentown. What makes this work is this a Memphis-Style, Southern-Fried, Blood-Soaked Brawl! You almost dont need a review because it is so elegant in its layout. Spud is full of piss & vinegar to start and is red-hot. ECIII has a big, clunky arm brace on, probably for a Staph infection, I reckon. It is his best weapon. Spud climaxes his shine with a big dive to the floor. Here comes the Funkasaurus! I forgot about him. He attacks. Mr. Anderson takes him out. This gives ECIII the advantage and the consolidates that when he wildly clips Spud with the arm brace and this busts Spud open. This is definitely enhanced by the blood. Some people didnt like the Borash bit but I loved it. ECIII was doing an ok just on the heat segment as Spud was selling like a million bucks. The Borash bit is what put this over for me. ECIII throwing the bloodied Spud at his feet and taunting him. I thought JB was not going to do anything but he came in low blowed ECIII. Great spot! Popped me! Stunner 1-2-3! Great hope spot/nearfall. ECIII hit a TKO to take back control. Spud made his comeback including a Testicular Claw which popped me and taking a bunch of spots from the stars of yore. Spud goes for Sliced Bread which he should have hit and ECIII could have kicked out for the nuclear nearfall. One of the few times I have ever said they should not have protected the finish. It would have put the match over. ECIII clips with the arm brace again and his lame finisher it is just a bulldog finishes him off. ECIII disingenuously puts ECIII which you can smell from a mile away but hey thats what makes wrestling fun. He beats up Spud and shaves him from the Tree of Woe which I loved!

ECIII could have been more vicious on offense and this could have used that Sliced Bread nearfall but besides that this was an awesome throwback to the days of yesterday when the blood flowed and fists flew. Spud truly was a rockstar on this night! ****1/4 

• paul sosnowski changed the title to [2015-03-13-TNA-Impact] Ethan Carter III vs Rockstar Spud (Hair vs Hair)