Pro Wrestling Only

[2019-07-07-Impact-Slammiversary] Rich Swann vs Johnny Impact

Superstar Sleeze

Impact X-Division Champion Rich Swann vs Johnny Impact - Impact Slammiversary 2019

John Matthews declared it a ***** classic, Don Callis tells him stop being conservative that was ******* brutha. Um, ok guys. 

There was actually a lot to love in this match even if the commentary was being hyperbolic. The reason to love this match was Morrison was committed to playing an old school cheating heel. Morrison has a stooge named Johnny Bravo. Hold on, one second, Momma, I thought Johnny Bravo was a cartoon, yeah this is some referee turned lackey. He threw streamers at Morrison as if he was coming out at the Budokan for All Japan, which I loved. He polished Morrison's abs mid-match. It was good craic. Swann was getting the best of Morrison so Bravo had an idea. He threw in a fistful of tacks from the last match into the ring. This forced the ref to have to clean up the mess. Morrison cracked Swann and then crotched him on the top rope. Then he raked his balls across the top rope. I loved. Some really great king of the mountain shit from Morrison, good trash talk. Just a really good arrogant heat segment. Swann has a terrific punch, which I am a sucker for. I really enjoyed the initial comeback which saw Swann perform some really breath-taking acrobatics. See when the heel has established a strong, grinding heel heat segment. It makes the athletic stuff from Swann POP rather just be buried in interminable workrate sequences. Morrison drags his ass to get in better position for an Elbow Drop. What the fuck? Can the camera at least not catch this shit so it doesnt sour me on the match? Ugh so lame. They fight over a Spanish Fly and both fall off the top rope. Not a huge fan of the Spanish Fly. Morrison hits a Double Spanish Fly for a nearfall. Swann wipes out Bravo with a dive. Morrison catches with a Tidal Wave Kick, really nice set up on that. Starship Pain, 1-2-NO! Great nearfall! Swann BLITZES him with a zillion strikes, two Cutters, Phoenix Splash 1-2-3! Fuck yeah! That's how you efficiently and robustly finish a match. Loved Morrison/Bravo's heel work. Swann is the perfect uptempo babyface and really excels when he has a good heel to play off of. They lost me for a bit with all the Spanish Fly. The finish was red-hot! Sorry Josh, not *****, but still worth your time. ***3/4

• paul sosnowski changed the title to [2019-07-07-Impact-Slammiversary] Rich Swann vs Johnny Impact