Pro Wrestling Only

[2020-07-12-Dragon Gate] BxB Hulk & KAZMA SAKAMOTO & Takashi Yoshida vs Jason Lee & Kota Minoura & Kzy

SirEdger

Had a bit of catching up to do with Dragon Gate and I stumbled upon this event from the Hopeful Gate tour this summer and since I'm a sucker for any BxB Hulk match I can find, I was well served. Some of those names I saw in that main event, I wasn't too entirely familiar but I had seen Jason Lee in the Cruiserweight Classic so I wasn't exactly in the unknown too. Pretty fast pace through the entire match and I fell in love with Takashi Yoshida's offense. I don't know if it was the gear and the haircut, but he gave me a weird Missing Link mixed with Tajiri vibe that completely worked for me. Also was the first time that I was seeing Kota Minoura and I was really impressed too. Like I said, not entirely caught up with everything in Dragon Gate this year but based on the research I made afterwards, it seems like the postmatch promo was designed to set up an Open the Twin Gate championship between BxB Hulk/KAZMA and Jason Lee/Kota Minoura for Memorial Gate in Wakayama the next month. Seems by all accounts that it was a match that got Kota Minoura in a solid position to carry him through that tag title match in August.

Overall, very enjoyable match. 3 *** 1/2

• GSR changed the title to [2020-07-12-Dragon Gate] BxB Hulk & KAZMA SAKAMOTO & Takashi Yoshida vs Jason Lee & Kota Minoura & Kzy