Pro Wrestling Only

[2004-03-14-WWE-Wrestlemania XX] The Rock & Mick Foley vs Ric Flair, Batista & Randy Orton

cactus

Has there been a more star-studded match at a Wrestlemania than this? Look at all the talent in this! The main reason to watch this is for the brilliant Flair and Rock interactions. Rock mocking Flair's strut will never get old. Flair takes some brutal back bumps for a guy in his mid-50's. This was Foley's return to action after being retired the last four years and he feels like an afterthought as he doesn't do much of note. I can see why he felt disappointed with this, although he would more than make up for it with his hardcore match with Orton the next month. This was decent, but just a touch underwhelming given the star power in this. 
★★¾

• 3 years later...

Man, we were robbed that we didn't see this version of The Rock stick around a few more years working big matches like this. Dude was the total package with the athleticism, charisma, selling, and crowd connection. Haven't seen this before, but I think I fall firmly with the consensus that Rock and Flair carried this one big with the others just kind of there. Rock and Flair seemed to gel really well mocking each others' characters in the beginning and ending, but the Foley heat segment between that didn't do much for me.