Pro Wrestling Only

[2021-03-07-AEW-Revolution] Kenny Omega vs Jon Moxley

Tenese Sarwieh

Not going to speak on the ending angle just focusing on the match. Much like their unsanctioned match in 2019 delivered on the promise of violence and gory carnage. These men had no limits on how they wanted to punish each other. They did a great job at selling and drawing in the audience in the drama of setting the explosives off. They also had creative ways of using the environment around them, like Moxley using the explosives to stop a pin attempt. As for the ending that one-winged angel on the steel chair looked rough. Damn good garbage match.

Man, the big post-match explosion being a complete (to say the least) dud is such a damn shame. That face turn angle w/ Eddie Kingston would've been absolute magic had they not butchered it. And while it happened after the match was over, it still does suck a lot of juices out of the thing when looking at it as an overall package. I also wasn't a fan of the Gallows & Anderson run-in finishing stretch at all -- usually I don't get bothered by stuff like that in wrestling, but here I was enjoying the action between Moxley & Omega so much, I felt like things went downhill big time for the last some-minutes when the Good Brothers got involved. Nice finish with the One Winged Angel on the chair, but yeah, I thought that the energy & the pure raw feeling of a WAR the bout had died down pretty effectively. Without those two major negative factors, this really could've been one of the best things AEW has done thus far, because everything that Mox & Kenny did up until that run-in, it was legitimately some really goddamn great stuff, truly making the gimmick justice. It was easily the best match of the night, but aye, as implied, I can't help but to feel that it should've been more & really one of the best pieces of pro-wrestling for the entire year, but by the end of things, it just wasn't. ***3/4