Pro Wrestling Only

[1969-08-13-JWA] The Crusher & Dick The Bruiser vs Giant Baba & Antonio Inoki

Superstar Sleeze

NWA International Tag Team Champions Da Crusher & Dick The Bruiser vs Giant Baba & Antonio Inoki - JWA 8/13/69 Two Out Of Three Falls

My boys are the fucking champs! They had won it two days prior to this.

First Fall: We are JIP but it is like 30-60 seconds into the match based on the match times we have. The majority of the match is face in peril. The Bruiser is working over Inoki. It is really hard to tell Bruiser and Crusher apart especially from the back. Bruiser doesnt have as good of a body even though Crusher is three years older. Crusher would have been 43 at time, looks like a million bucks. Crusher was in his late 50s in the 80s, what the fuck! That's crazy, he is awesome in that tag w/Greg against the Sheiks in the Cage. Baba gets in and stands & bangs with Crusher. Crusher with a surprising single leg pickup into a stepover toehold. Bruiser comes in and works the same hold. Bruiser is slightly dirtier. He always takes the time to throw in that extra boot scrape or eye rake which I like. Baba breaks free. Inoki comes in, right back to face in peril. Bruiser looks like he is going to slam Inoki, but carries him over to Crusher who nails him with the knuckledusters from the Baba matches. He plays to the fans well, making very sure everyone sees him put in back in his tights. Plays off the ref well. It is wicked confusing what happens in the finish to the first fall. One of the times, I wish I understood Japanese. A melee breaks out on the floor and it looks like a double countout to me, but the ref awards the fall to Inoki & Baba. I agree with Crusher & Bruiser, that looked like home cooking to me. B-I Cannon 1-0

Second Fall: Another short fall. Begins with Crusher & Bruiser beating the tar out of Inoki. The hot tag to Baba does not really feel earned, just felt like Crusher stopped trying. Baba is in and raring to go. Crusher wallops him with the knuckledusters but Baba no sells and pries the knuckles out of his hand! Baba plays to the crowd and COLD COCKS CRUSHER! ALL THE STARS! That just paid off all the Baba/Crusher matches so well! I am so glad Baba finally got a hold of the knuckles and used them against Crusher! BABA DROPKICK! Which seems like his finish. Bruiser breaks that fall up and the next fall involving the Big Boot. Tag into the bloody Inoki from all the knuckles shot, Abdominal Stretch, but Bruiser breaks it up. B-I Cannon gets smart to this. Baba detains Bruiser and Inoki makes Crusher submit to the Abdominal stretch to win back the Tag Team Titles!

Not quite dream match levels I had in my head, but fun and Baba getting the knuckledusters from Crusher after watching the last two matches made it worth it. ***1/2

• paul sosnowski changed the title to [1969-08-13-JWA] The Crusher & Dick The Bruiser vs Giant Baba & Antonio Inoki