Pro Wrestling Only

[2004-03-21-GAEA] Meiko Satomura vs. Misae Genki

donsem43

Kinda weird seeing Satomura go up against a big power wrestler who as happens to be a peer. This gets off to a hot start with them both getting right into each others faces but Meiko gets too aggressive allowing Genki to catch her and press slam her to the floor with no one there to catch her. Most of this match has neither of them not giving the other much room to breathe, if one of them does back off even a little bit she ends up paying for it. The finishing run is a bit more standard than the rest of the match although the actual finish is great with Satomura knocking Genki down to one knee allowing Meiko to hit a sudden Scorpion Rising for the win. I wish these two had a rematch that was the main event of a big show because that could have been something special but this is still a great slugfest on its own. ****

• 1 year later...

This was a great match. Just relentless, hard-hitting action that never faltered. I love these Joshi workers taking the fight to Meiko, and Meiko hitting back with everything she's got. Satomura has laid down a marker as the best women's worker in 2004. Hamada showed up at the end to hype their title match the following month (a match I saw live, fwiw), but I think I'd rather see more Meiko vs. Genki.