Pro Wrestling Only

Pedro Morales

Grimmas

NotJayTabb said: "It was highlighted in tonight's watch party that Pedro doesn't have a nomination, which is nuts when you consider we have a bunch of fun 80s Pedro performances, especially because Baron Mikel Scicluna is nominated, and he was never fun. I don't know how much footage there is of him in his prime, but his 80s stuff and his status as a former WWF champion suggests he's worth investigating. 80s Pedro is still great as a fired-up babyface, his comebacks are amazingly fun and his backbreaker gets huge height, look great. "

Recs

W/ Davey Boy Smith & Danny Spivey vs Beefcake, Valentine & Valiant (WWF Prime Time 16/6/86)

Vs Barry O (WWF Prime Time 7/7/86)

Vs The Iron Sheik (WWF Prime Time 23/6/86)

• 4 months later...

Was told by a famous old-timer that I had to have seen him in the 60s in California and the 1970s. Ignore anything after 1980. Sounded reasonable.

Finally saw Pedro vs Baba from '74 and I almost fell asleep- it never got going. But vintage AJPW can do that sometimes.

I have an open mind that Pedro was good in the 60s but I haven't come across evidence to demonstrate this, nor have I been motivated to search his territory runs. I do not recall enjoying him vs George Steele, Stan Stasiak. or Ivan Koloff in world title matches.

But boy, was he popular.