Rey Mysterio vs Ricky Steamboat

NotJayTabb

Mysterio vs Steamboat  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better:

• Rey Mysterio
    • Ricky Steamboat

• 9 months later...

I think Rey wins this one pretty easily just by consistency alone. Even if he doesn't have as many elite stuff as you would want for a project like GWE (and Steamboat might have him beat in that regard for a lot of people), he's just been too good for too long, and has as many good to great matches as anyone else ever. Steamboat doesn't have that, even though he was pretty good for a decent amount of time as well, he wasn't as consistent through the 80s. If I find myself in a random Rey match, probs are I'm gonna like it more than a random Steamboat match. And Steamboat's greatest hits, for me, are even fewer than Rey's... Althought I would rank his Ironman with Rude and WrestleWar 89 higher than any Rey match ever, but those are just two matches. At this point in my list, Rey is still a top 25 contender, while Steamboat struggles to remain at the top half.

• 11 months later...

Steamboat stopped wrestling in 1994. If Rey is still active come 2026 his career will have covered twice the amount of time Steamboat's did. That might not matter to some, but I think the body of work is comfortably in Rey's favor. More situations, more settings, more opponents, more great matches and performances in general, almost all of which took place outside of WWE's best years

• 1 month later...