Pro Wrestling Only

[1986-12-10-NJPW] Antonio Inoki & Yoshiaki Fujiwra vs. Akira Maeda & Osamu Kido

Superstar Sleeze

Antonio Inoki & Yoshiaki Fujiwara vs. Akira Maeda & Osamu Kido - NJPW 12/10/86

This is an IWGP Tag League match. I am not sure thats what the Tag League was called but I dont want to look it up via Wiki because I dont want to get spoiled on the rematch that happens the next night. 

Inoki vs Maeda is obviously the draw at the time, which I was definitely interested in as this is the first time I would be seeing them square off as I have not watched more heralded multi-mans yet. As a massive Fujiwara fan I was also very interested in that. I would say this match satiates both appetites. It took me a full five minutes to figure out what was weird about this match and it finally hit me there was no commentary on this match at all. So you can really hear the wrestlers. Inoki and Maeda do a stalling square off that would make Larry Z green with envy. Maeda throws a couple wild kicks but for the most part they are just circling. Finally Inoki CRACKS him across the face. I thought he drew blood from the nose for a second. Maeda comes back with those wild kicks one was pretty high too caught Inoki under that massive jaw. This of course lasts for 30 seconds before Inoki tags out, but it was a pretty awesome 30 seconds. Maeda & Fujiwara was great. Fujiwara managed to do something cool every time he was in the ring. This time was a nifty transition into a Fujiwara armbar. Maeda tagged in Kido. Great Fujiwara stop as Kido was going for the Boston Crab, Fujiwara did a cross-leg scissors and spun out and sent Kido flying. As the match progressed, we see more Inoki & Maeda segments which had huge heat. It was mostly killer strikes though Maeda did drop into a legbar one time and I rolled my eyes. Koshinaka pulled a rabbit out of his ass making those entertaining against Takada but the same was not true here. The best part was when Fujiwara came back in the second time and LIT MAEDA UP WITH BODY SHOTS! That was wicked. Watch his fucking Fujiwara armbar takedown out of the reverse waistlock that was sick! Inoki gets some good offense against Kido like his flying knee drop. At the end, you think Fujiwara left Inoki high & dry against Maeda but he left apron so that he could trip Maeda up as he got near the ropes! Oh Fujiwara! Inoki Enziguiri! They tumble to the floor. Inoki Enziguiris the ringpost for the countout finish to a fun match! 

Inoki & Maeda bring the heat and Fujiwara brings the entertainment! Great finish and made me interested in the rematch which I think is the '86 Tag League final. ***3/4