Pro Wrestling Only

Tessa Blanchard

Grimmas

El-P said: "

*in-ring only* people. She's apparently nuclear, but people still enjoy the work of people who are without a shadow of a doubt, terrible human beings.

One of a kind pro-wrestler. She would outwork any woman in WWE, AEW or IMPACT (if she went back). Unmatched intensity, great as a babyface as showed by her feud against Sami Callihan (two MOTYC in a row for the promotion) and oh yeah, she is the first woman who actually won a man's world title and made it work. Great heel also, and not just IRL. Awesome at pretty much every aspect of the game (offense, selling, bumping, she can do it all), has the presence of a star, works like one. Probably won't ever reach her potential in the business because of her rep. One of the greatest "in limbo" workers ever ? "

Tessa Blanchard vs Gail Kim (04/28/2019 - IMPACT)

Tessa Blanchard vs Sami Callihan (07/07/2019 - IMPACT)

Tessa Blanchard vs Sami Callihan (01/12/2020 - IMPACT)

I liked her Brian Cage match as well. Tessa was a natural born champion. She does Charlotte better than Charlotte, and she doesn't need someone laying out her matches or script promos. I agree Tessa can both play a face in peril, and is a natural heel like her dad. Dr. Baker is a poor woman's version of Tessa. As far as her personality goes, she is copying her dad, who learned it from his dad. Tully is probably proud of the way she handles business.

WOW debuts in September 2022. We shall see if Tessa apologizes for her scandal or continues to deny the accusations.

This would be a dream match today: Io vs Tessa from 2016. Io is more athletic and dominating in this match, but Tessa puts some good work in. I think Io dumped Tessa on her face near the end, and Tessa grabbed an armbar to recover because it seemed out of place near the climax. But what do I know?

I found her intergender matches more exciting than her normal ones. Her first Stardom tour was a disaster in and out of the ring as her ego got out of hand. Just so much gossip not only from her fellow wrestlers but also the fans who went to the Stardom shows/signings. Kagetsu had to put her in her place in the ring. One wrestler quit the tour because she and Tessa were yelling at each other. The N-Word situation. I think Tessa likes to play with the boys instead of the girls. I think we can safely assume if she ever went to WWE, she and Charlotte would wind up shooting on each other.

I don't think she's light years ahead of a random joshi from any time period or today, but she is in the same discussion with the Four Horsewomen, wherever they rank historically. Tessa just needed more opportunities on PPV/TV to shine like the Horsewomen in terms of big matches. Of course, she shot herself in the foot by ditching Impact and she blacklisted herself.