Pro Wrestling Only

[1982-08-21-MACW-TV] Ric Flair vs Jack Brisco

AA484

Flair complains about his level of studio competition prior to a match with Leroy Dargan, even getting in an eye-rolling racial jab (“Where I’m from, we don’t wrestle guys like that, we employ them").  Flair bitches long enough to bring out Wahoo, who confronts Flair long enough for Jack Brisco to sneak in and take Dargan's place.  Flair is of course irate, but eventually climbs in the ring.

This was a really good, shortish, studio TV match.  Not an all-time classic, but very well-worked with crisp moves and transitions.  I really liked Brisco's rolling armlock.  Towards the end, Flair applied the figure-4 to Brisco who immediately reversed it, which was really smart (if intended) as Flair never really worked the leg and seemed to go for it out of desperation more than anything.

I may be underrating this a bit, but I'd have liked it to be a bit longer with some more offense from Flair: ***¼