Pro Wrestling Only

[2008-06-29 WWE Night of Champions] Miz & Morrison vs Finlay & Hornswoggle

Superstar Sleeze

WWE Tag Team Champions Miz & Morrison vs Finlay & Hornswoggle - WWE Night of Champions 2008

It is unclear to me if Miz & Morrison are on Smackdown, ECW or both. I watched their match with Kane & Punk at Judgment Day two months and was unimpressive with their performance. They seemed more interested in getting in the right place for their spots than having fun and being loose. The presence of Hornswoggle helped loosen them up here. There is just so much fun a midget can bring inherently. It was a pretty fun match. I always enjoy watching Finlay wrestle. He did a great job whuppin up on Morrison. He did the apron capture spot but Miz threatened Swoggle. That was a good use of Swoggle to set up a fake transition to heat. The Finlays got the double butt splash in a cute spot. The transition to heat was Miz distracting Finlay on the apron and Morrison hitting him right in the mush with nasty kick. Very shot heat segment to the Swoggle hot tag. Rana, Rey Rey Bulldog but the crown jewel was the Stunner, popped me. The heat on Swoggle was very fun. My favorite spot was when he got free but was in the wrng corner and he scampered across only to be nailed by a double clothesline. They worked in some good hope spots. He slides through the legs and Finlay goes off. Loved the dropkick, Finlay Roll, Celtic Cross. Finlay tags in Swoggle for the Tadpole splash, but Morrison throws him off the top for the win. 

It was a fun opener. Miz & Morrison got show off more of their personality bumping & feeding for Swoggle. I think they could have been rougher on Swoggle or more douchier if they wanted to take it to the next level. It was fine. **1/2