Pro Wrestling Only

[2008-06-29 WWE Night of Champions] Matt Hardy vs Chavo Guerrero

Superstar Sleeze

WWE US Champion Matt Hardy vs Chavo Guerrero - WWE Night of Champions 2008

I was not watching Smackdown at this time, but I did watch RAW so vague notions of the La Familia faction. The idea here was Chavo was awarded this title match due to nepotism. Bam Neely is his muscle and gets involved in the match a grand total of one time at the beginning. 

It was a solid limb psychology match. Chavo was pretty useless. He is not a good kicker. He should have switched to stomping. Pretty brief Hardy shine with no high spots, Chavito chopblocked the leg. Came down on against the apron, that was pretty cool. Wrapped it around the corner. Standard stuff. What kept this match in the solidly ok was Matt was really committed to selling and did his high spots in such a way that it looked like he was not using his legs. He would just use the natural force of his weight falling on the Bulldog and Side Effect to drive Chavo to the match. Typically great Matt Hardy punches. I liked Chavito yanking him off the middle rope on the second attempt and applying the half crab. I love a good half crab and there was  half crab roll through. Matt Hardy hit the Twist of Fate out of nowhere to win. I liked this finish. Nothing I will remember in a week, but it was inoffensive. **1/2