Pro Wrestling Only

[2008-06-29 WWE Night of Champions] Mickie James vs Katie Lea Burchill

Superstar Sleeze

Mickie James vs Katie Lea Burchill - WWE Night of Champions 2008

They should have cast Katie Lea as Blackie Lawless' sister, the resemblance is uncanny. Obscure heavy metal references aside, I remember the Burchills but I couldnt have told what year they were a thing. I dont think Katie Lea last long because I remember her in TNA shortly after this. I always liked Paul Burchill for some reason but I couldnt tell you why, must have been the cut of his jib. I had a massive crush on Mickie as a teenager and is a kickass wrestler. 

Best match of the night so far, plenty of workrate combined with struggle and psychology. Katie Lea gets three flash pin attempts which seems weird for a heel admittedly but a newcomer I think it shows she is a threat and Mickie cant underestimate because she is here to win. I loved the struggle on the waistlock really set the tone this would be scrappy and heated. As Stone Cold always said you can predict a lot about match based on that initial lockup felt the same way here on this waistlock. Loved Mickie's shine uptempo and fun, especially the monkey flip. You knew Paul would get involved and on the powder, Mickie gets too close to the apron and Katie Lea picks her spot to trip up Mickie. There is something involving the top rope that should have led to the heat segment with Mickie's arm but looked like it missed but they sold it anyways. Kattie Lea worked the arm as Mickie sold it like a million bucks. Unlike the Matt/Chavo match, I thought Katie Lea was a much better aggressor and I thought Mickie verbally sold the arm work so well and I am a sucker for verbal selling. Great hammerlock suplex from Katie Lea and a Divorce Court. During all of this Mickie is firing up with great one arm comebacks and constantly showing life, never dying. The Fujiwara Armbar Takedown and submission hold was great, they could have used something more clever for an escape but I appricated the efficiency to go right to the finish with the Mickie DDT. Enjoyed this a lot Mickie is a sparkplug of a babyface great shine, sold well and she never died and was always coming forward. Katie Lea for someone I dont remember anything about worked really strong on top on the arm. Very good match. ***1/2