Pro Wrestling Only

[1986-11-14-NJPW] Antonio Inoki & Yoshiaki Fujiwara & Kengo Kimura vs Jimmy Snuka & The Wild Samoan & Tonga Kid

KB8

Wait, what the fuck? There's a match with Fujiwara and the Tonga Kid on opposite sides and this is the first I'm hearing about it?! You'd look at those names and think this couldn't be as fun as it promises, and I mean sure, things could always be MORE fun, but life is like that sometimes and this was still very fun. Perhaps the perfect amount of fun for a10-minute midcard trios that happened to involve one of the biggest stars in the history of wrestling. I loved all of the parts with the Samoans encountering someone with a harder head than them. First the Wild Samoan rams Fujiwara into the post and is perplexed when Fujiwara shrugs it off. Then he elbows Fujiwara in the head, hurts his arm, and Fujiwara clonks him with a headbutt. Our future Tama tries his luck, throws a headbutt as the foolishness of youth blinds him to what he'd just witnessed, and his jelly-legged selling was frankly impeccable. Snuka isn't in long but does his double leapfrog bit and it looked cool enough. Wild Samoan kind of flubs jumping into the ring and bumps into Fujiwara's leg and I love how Fujiwara sold it like it'd been hyperextended. After that he's happy to chill on the apron and convalesce, and when Kimura tries to tag him back in Fujiwara points at his knee like "I'm not getting back in, I'm hurt" and basically tells Kimura to fuck off. He'll tag in for Inoki, though. Obviously that grates with Kimura and before long he and Fujiwara are scrapping and in the confusion the Samoans jump Inoki. Which...well why wouldn't you, ya know?