Pro Wrestling Only

[2022-08-10-AEW-Dynamite] Darby Allin vs Brody King

urbanecowboy

The Coffin Match

This was the follow up to the great match these two had a couple weeks prior. Darby is just so good when he’s able to work with a big dude, he’s also at his best  when he’s able to work with a guy who isn’t afraid to take a beating as well. Brody is one of his opponents that just seems to make sense. I hope to go back and check out their pre-AEW stuff because these two just HIT for me. 

I love that Big Bang Theory fans, if they weren’t careful, saw Brody King bleeding buckets 3 minutes after the credits rolled. This one had the violence, urgency and gutsy creativity of the first match, but added in some not entirely consequential overbooking with House of Black that seems to definitely set up a story for the PPV. I love the crowd chanting for Sting and he was hiding in the coffin the whole time. Much like the Dynamite street fight  a couple years back when Orange Cassidy was hiding in the trunk of the car the entire match, it doesn’t make any sense if you think about it but I hope you’re not trying to think about it at all. 

Great, creative finish that didn’t look forced. Darby is now 3-0 in Coffin Matches here in AEW. This match just hit. Dudes Rock. 

• paul sosnowski changed the title to [2022-08-10-AEW-Dynamite] Darby Allin vs Brody King