Pro Wrestling Only

Re-booking NWA Hard Times 3

Autistic Dragon

Ok full disclosure. I only watched the pre-show not the actual ppv. But that said from what I've seen/read several questionable decisions were made in terms of booking. So as a year-end gift for you -and a challenge for me- I've taken up the challenge of seeing if I can book it better.

Some rules I've set for myself.

1. I'm not making anyone compete who was injured or otherwise left the company before the event (y'all know who I mean)

2. Minimum changes to the card. While I will make some changes to put certain wrestlers where I think they'd fit better, the majority of them will remain where they are. Most of the changes will be regarding who wins or how they win.

3. I'll endeavor to explain my thought process on each change I make. Explaining what I don't like about what the NWA actually did & why I believe my change is for the better.

With that said, we'll begin with the pre-show.

image.png.5af8b0cd753ea5e3c928ccc09b668a7d.png

Hard Times 3 preshow.

Airing live on YouTube from the Frederick J Sigur Civic Center in Chalmette Louisiana.

Match 1.

NWA World Television Title #1 contender match.

"Big, Strong" Mims defeats "Adorable" Anthony Andrews by sliding out of a powerslam on hitting the "Big, Strong Slam"

Changes made: I kept the finish the same because Mims should have won but I would've made the match more even as it felt like Andrews controlled a little too much of the match.

Match 2.

Wildcat Tag Team Title match.

The Miserably Faithful (Sal the Pal & Gaagz the Gymp) w/"The Sinister Minister" Father James Mitchell defeat Slime SZN (Bu Ku Dao & J Spade)(c) when Gaagz pinned Spade with "The Finish" (Sliced Bread) TITLE CHANGE!!!

Reason for the change: The finish to this match was dumb. Gaagz hit "The Finish" and had the man pinned when the ref spotted Sal holding Spade's feet down. The MT argue with Sal slapping Gaagz which the ref calls a tag. Shenanigans continue until Sal is pinned. 

Changes made: The titles actually change hands. If your going to have champions from multiple different companies come in to defend their titles against your talent, you should make sure your guys are winning at least one. Another benefit is that now the MT don't look like idiots. Sal & Gaagz can always drop the belts at a later Wildcat show.

Match 3.

Hardcore Team War match. Elimination via pinfall, submission or being thrown over the top rope.

Anthony Mayweather, Da Pope & "The Masterpiece" Chris Adonis vs "The Dane event" Jax Dane, "The Magic Bastard" Magic Jake Dumas & "The Thrillbilly" Silas Mason w/Chris Silvio Esq, "The Lovely" Poyo Del Mar & "The Lovely Assistant" Christi Jaynes.

(Dumas limps out in a full leg brace and Silvio informs the audience that he sprained his ankle after beating up "42 of New Orleans finest". He says that due to the short notice he had to make a deal with the Devil to find a replacement. At that James Mitchell leads out Judias!)

Order of elimination.

Da Pope eliminates Silas Mason with the "Elijah Express" through a table set up in the corner.

Judias eliminates Da Pope with a chokeslam on two chairs that had been placed across from each other.

Judias eliminates Chris Adonis when Mitchell grabs Adonis' boot allowing "The Priest of Punishment" to clothesline him over the top rope.

Anthony Mayweather eliminates Judias after ducking a running big boot causing the big man to send himself over the top rope.

Anthony Mayweather eliminates Jax Dane after ducking under a Lariat and ramming Dane headfirst into a chair set up in the corner. He pulls Dane out then hits a Death Valley Driver on a trashcan to win.

(During this match Joe Galli recieves news over the headset that clearly shocks him. Before the TV title match we see a (pre-taped) video of a bloody Nick Aldis laid out on the floor while security struggles to pull a crazed Odinson away)

Reasons for changes: The teams we got had some.... interesting choices. I can kind of get JTG teaming with Mayweather & Pope as he and Pope have sorta paired up since Dango -JTG's usual partner was injured- but he kinda doesn't fit on his team due to being positioned lower on the card. And while I can see Dane being willing to team with Dumas I can't see him wanting to team with Mercurio. Likewise Alex Taylor doesn't seem a fitting replacement. As of the preshow Adonis, Judias & Mason all had been left off the card (though Mason would find a way on) so I put Adonis on Mayweather's team as I think they'd work well together ( though that is admittedly downplayed with the Team War format) and switched Mercurio with Mason while making Judias the replacement for Dumas. This way I give some upper mid-card guys something to do while also putting in men who could probably do well in a hardcore setting.

Match 4.

For the vacant NWA World Television Title.

"Golden Boy" Jordan Clearwater w/"The Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol defeats "The Legacy" AJ Cazana  with the "Midas Touch" (running big boot)

Changes made: This is actually the first match I wouldn't change. Maybe Idol could get involved on a couple occasions but on the whole, the match was good and Clearwater can make a credible heel champ.

Well that's the preshow. Let me know what you think so far & if I don't get the main show out tomorrow, I'll get it out as soon as I'm able.

Airing live from the Frederick J Sigur Civic Center in Chalmette Louisiana on Fite TV, the National Wrestling Alliance is proud to present.....

image.png.d2252f28c8b633d16464ea063fe9e6b0.png

Match 1

Voodoo Queen Casket Match.

Max the Impaler w/Father James Mitchell defeats Natalla Markova.

Changes made: Max wins without interference to sell just how much of a monster they are.

(Commentary reveal that Aldis had been taken to a local hospital while Odinson had been removed from the building meaning the advertised match between the two will not take place)

Match 2.

MLW National Openweight title.

"American Wolf" Davey Richards(c) defeats Colby Corino when Corino submitted to an anklelock.

Changes made: The time given to the impromptu Odinson/Mason match goes here instead. They also get some time from another match I'm shortening which would be.....

Match 3.

Mask vs Mask.

Question Mark ii defeats The Question Mark w/Aaron Stevens. The bell rings with Stevens still in the ring shouting at QM2. Question Mark sneaks behind his opponent and charges. QM2 senses it however and ducks sending Mark crashing into his own manager knocking Stevens out of the ring. Mark turns around and QM2 immediately hits the "Mongrovian Spike" for the win. QM2 unmasks Question Mark to reveal him as Rodney Mac to the shock of literally no one.

Changes made: Obviously I've made the match much shorter. I don't believe anyone was particularly looking forward to it & everyone knew where it was going.

Match 4.

NWA World Jr Heavyweight Title.

"The Future Legend" Kerry Morton w/Ricky Morton defeats "The Notorious Legend" Homicide(c) by countering a "Copkillah" into a O'Connor roll.

Changes made: Just a slight tweak to the finish as from what I can read the match was solid and Morton is over enough to give him a run with the title.

Match 5.

NWA United States Tag Team Titles

The Spectaculars (Rolando & Rush Freeman) defeat The Fixers (Jay Bradley & Wrecking Ball Legursky)(c) when Rolando pinned Bradley with the "Biggest Boot" (running big boot to a kneeling opponent) NEW CHAMPIONS!!!

Changes made: i switched out Brady Pearce for Rolando because the later is one of the most over guys on the card so it makes sense to put him on the card. That's also part of why I'm booking a title change, another is...well frankly I don't like the Fixers. More specifically I like watching them wrestle but don't like their gimmick of "big, stupid guys who yell a lot". The Spectaculars would be defending under the Freebird rule in this scenario.

Match 6.

NWA National Title.

The Great Sion w/Austin Idol defeats "The Mile-High Magnum" Dak Draper in a heel vs heel match where the father/son proved more villainous when Idol slides Sion the title and he knocked Draper out with it.

Changes made: Draper isn't who I would've chosen to challenge Sion. I actually like him & think he has a major upside but he just couldn't get the crowd behind him. I added a belt shot to the finish because Draper does deserve to be protected at least.

Match 7.

NWA Women's Tag Team Titles.

Pretty Empowered (Ella Envy & Kenzie Page)(c) defeat Madi Wrenkowski & Missa Kate after Madi walked out on Missa leaving her to take the pin.

Changes made: Nothing bad enough to change here.

Match 8.

EC3 defeats Thom Latimer by punching him with a chain wrapped fist while Latimer had him in position for the "Brighter side of suffering" (pop up powerbomb)

Changes made: I'll be honest I don't like EC3's current gimmick. I get what he's trying to do, portray a man fighting against the system that misused him, but it's execution has been a bust with him cutting lengthy promos that don't actually say anything. That said, I considered leaving this match alone as the idea of him pissing Latimer off so much it causes a DQ is interesting, I realized it will only be fuel for EC3's dime store philosophy so I'm giving him more traditional heel win after a properly physical match.

Match 9.

NWA World Tag Team Titles.

Hawx Aerie (Luke & PJ Hawx) defeat La Rebellion (Bestia 666 & Mecha Wolf)(c) w/Damian 666 after Damian accidentally sprayed his son in the face with mist allowing Luke to roll him up to win the titles.

Changes made: La Rebellion cheated to beat Hawx Aerie at NWA 74 night 1 and what better place to give them their redemption then their hometown?

Match 10.

Triple Threat match for the NWA World Women's Title.

"Hot Mess" Chelsea Green defeats "The Majesty of Muscle" KiLynn King & "The Brickhouse" Kamille(c) after throwing Kamille out of the ring after she speared King to steal the pin. NEW CHAMPION!!!

Changes made: While I've become quite the fan of Kamille, I don't see what else she can do with the belt and this provides the perfect opportunity to get the belt off her without having her eat the pin.

Main event.

Triple Threat for the NWA Worlds Heavyweight Title.

"Always Ready" Matt Cardona defeats "The Great American Smash" Tyrus w/BLK Jeez & Trevor Murdoch(c). Murdoch goes for his top rope Bulldog on Tyrus but the big man turns around and catches the champ with the Heart punch in midair! Tyrus looks to have it won but Cardona blasts the big man with the title allowing him to pin Murdoch. NEW CHAMPION!!!

Changes made: Seeing as Cardona's first reign only ended because he got injured it only seems right to give him the ball again and see what he can do with a proper run. Plus he & Chelsea should be insufferable now they both have a title. I know I did a "winner steals someone else's rightful pin" angle in the last two matches but given the two involved are A) married & B) in a faction together I thought it was a nice link.

So that's my version of Hard Times 3. How'd I do? Did I make it better? Worse? Let me know what you think.