Pro Wrestling Only

[2004-04-30-CMLL] Zumbido vs Super Crazy (Hair vs Hair)

ohtani's jacket

This was very much a US indies inspired apuesta match, but I had a lot of time for it, and I'll tell you why. I love Zumbido, and I'm happy to see him steal a piece of the spotlight. Plus, it's easily the best thing Super Crazy has done since joining CMLL. His run had been a dud up until now, but he upped his game for this show.  Outside influences had been slowly creeping into lucha since the 90s, but even in 2004 it was rare to see a guy do a moonsault off the top of the set. The rest of the match was built around similarly big spots (with surprisingly good camera work on the replays, I might add.) Not everyone's idea of a classic apuesta match, but I enjoyed it. The match had good rhythm, Super Crazy showed up and showed out, and the post match was top notch.

Terrible and Mascara Magica also had a hair match on this show after feuding all month. Apparently, I am the only person on earth interested in seeing that feud because nobody's bothered to upload it, but I'd really like to see it.