Pro Wrestling Only

[2003-10-13-NJPW-Ultimate Crush II] Kazunari Murakami vs Katsuyori Shibata

Superstar Sleeze

Kazunari Murakami vs Katsuyori Shibata - NJPW 10-13-03 Tokyo Dome

This is on the undercard of Hogan vs Chono and a Shooters vs Pro Wrestlers 5-on-5 Elimination Match. This was more angle than match. My sense was this was either a hazing of Shibata or he proves he was tough enough to be a member of Makai Club.

You’d think Murakami death glares, stiff strikes and Shibata bleeding buckets would be an easy thumbs up but the majority of the match is Makai Club mugging Shibata and Shibata selling the selling loss of blood. Shibata jumpstarts the match attacking Murakami as he enters the ring but Murakami says if you’re gonna do that you better finish me as he recover brutally knees him in the face and shoves him out the ring. Makai Club mugging and Shibata is wearing the crimson mask. Murakami hits some great strikes does his usual double foot in the corner. Pretty easily KOs Shibata. I think they have another match in Big Mouth Loud to check out.  

• paul sosnowski changed the title to [2003-10-13-NJPW-Ultimate Crush II] Kazunari Murakami vs Katsuyori Shibata