Pro Wrestling Only

[2003-01-13-AJPW-New Years Giant Series] Great Muta vs The Gladiator

Superstar Sleeze

AJPW Triple Crown Champion Great Muta vs The Gladiator (Mike Awesome) - AJPW 01/13/03

Well this was the worst match I have watched since I returned to reviewing. A heatless mess. Early on there was the spot that Big Sexy and other tall wrestlers do where the stick the boot up and choke their opponent in the corner. Awesome just had his boot resting languidly on Muta’s chest as Muta did not move. It was absolutely pathetic. They put zero effort in. Hall at least made sure his shit look snug. Awesome besides his plancha and top rope splash did not try at all. 

Scratch everything I said about Muta wrestling two different matches depending on his gimmick. We were back to drop kicks to the knee which didn’t connect, dragon screws, STF and Figure-4. This match made feature the most pointless use of blood ever. Muta hit a Shining Wizard off the apron and posted Awesome who blades because it is a Muta match but didn’t sell shit. Muta hit all his spots. Awesome just lariats after the back handspring elbow. Hits his power spots (powerbombs) and flying spots. Muta does not what to take the Super Powerbomb so he bails and it is kinda top rope Pedigree. Then He mists Awesome who doesn’t sell it. This is self-parody. Muta hits a bunch of rope assisted Shining Wizards to win.

Great Muta felt like a self-parody doing all his cool spots but without any heat. Ice cold. Horrible match. 

• paul sosnowski changed the title to [2003-01-13-AJPW-New Years Giant Series] Great Muta vs The Gladiator