Pro Wrestling Only

[1977-02-21 Joint Promotions] Clive Myers vs Alan Sargeant

Mr JMML

The announcer presented both wrestlers as champions in their respective countries, Clive Myers is Jamaican and Alan Sargeant is English. Alan SarGeant was famous for his amazing escapes and he showed that from the very beginning of the contest escaping Myers’ full nelson with ease. Sargeant felt like the better wrestler troughout the match, he escaped a boston crab in a way that I can’t describe with words. After twenty minutes of action the match went to the third round, the third round is full of pin attempts and high impact moves like the butterfly suplexes that Myers applied, after 21 minutes Myers got the pin with a sunset flip.

A match that I highly recommend this match to everyone that likes catch-as-catch-can wrestling.

• paul sosnowski changed the title to [1977-02-21 Joint Promotions] Clive Myers vs Alan Sargeant

Awesome back and forth technical match. I agree that Sargeant handily took the first two rounds but I thought Myers turned the tide in the third round which made the fourth very compelling. This is my first time seeing Sargeant and I get that some of his escapes might seem repetitive if you've seen them a few times, but man they popped me VS Myers here. I'm a Clive Myers fan but the only other singles opponent I've seen him look this good against is Grey, which is really saying something about Sargeant. This was essential viewing for the style and the time period.